As we all know sunscreen is a must for everyone as it protects us from the harmful radiations of the sun and premature ageing caused by sun damage. Whether its bright and sunny or cloudy, one must apply sunscreen before stepping out as the harmful UV rays can even penetrate the dense clouds. I have oily skin and for me it has always been a struggle in finding the right sunscreen for my skin. Some are oily, some caused me to break-out, some irritated my skin and made it more sensitive to sun rays causing sun burn and some sunscreens felt sticky. Few months back while I was watching TV, I saw the Lotus sunscreen ad and it instantly caught my eyes. Its Matte gel and oil control formula with SPF 50 was what made me try it. So I instantly ordered one for me and my life has changed since then.
The sunscreen comes in a bright sunny orange color tube with a flip cap. The texture is gel like and is non sticky. It claims that it is an innovative sunblock which is totally non-oily and provides a fresh and clean finish to the face, neck and hands. It protects against all forms of sun induced damage, skin tan, sun-burn, premature ageing and skin cancer.
- Horse chestnut which has anti-inflammatory properties, protects the level of hyaluronic acid in the skin
- Comfrey which provides moisturization, has astringent properties, removes blemishes and dark spots and cures rough and damaged skin.
- Vanilla extract contains specific antioxidants that are vital in anti-aging skin benefits
When I apply it on my skin it instantly gives a cooling effect and within a minute the sunscreen gets absorbed and becomes matte. Whenever I go out in the sun I usually get bad sun burns on the areas where my skin is exposed. However after using this sunscreen I noticed a significant difference, I did not get sunburns anymore however I do get tanned a bit if I am out in the sun for prolonged hours.
Retails for Rs. 395 for 100g of the product
What I like about this sunscreen:-
- Great for oily skin as it gives a matte finish
- Comes with SPF 50 which is great
- Provides protection from both UVA and UVB rays and also has PA +++
- Has mild fragrance which disappears after some time
- Does not leave any white cast on the face and looks good in flash photography
- Works great as a makeup base
- Prevents tanning effect to a great extent
- Packaging is travel friendly
What I don't like about this sunscreen:-
- Contains Parabens
- It controls oil for only 3 to 4 hours for my skin
At last I would like to say that this sunscreen has worked amazingly well for my skin and I will definitely repurchase it again.
Rating : 4.5/5